Airplane

In STEM we are designing airplanes to fly as far as possible. making the plane fly was quite a challenge because it was very difficult to shape the wings and body so the plane was could fly far. I could solve most of this problem by adding weight to the front of the plane but this made it nose dive if you added too much, and not go as far as it could have. When we added the motors I weighted the plane so it was evenly balanced in the middle so it flew straight. In test flights my plane flew upwards of 10 meters. My curved wing design contributed to this it offered more lift than a straight wing.

When I was designing my plane I learned the longer the wings the better, and if its weighted properly the plane will go much farther.

 Here are some photos of my plane.

fig 1 Top view of plane. The length of the wings are very big compared to the body 

fig 2 side view of plane. The side of the plane shows the width of the body

Comments

Popular Posts